Do you know how wonderful you are? Seriously! Do you know how wonderful your life is? If you don’t then you need to change your beliefs. Our beliefs influence so much of our ability to be happy. You can’t be happy if you believe your life sucks. The good thing is that your happiness is made up by your beliefs and you can change them any time you want. All you have to do is start telling a different story. Stop saying things like I’ll be alone the rest of my life, I have no money, I’m fat, I’m ugly, I never have enough time for my kids so I’m a bad mom etc…
The glass is always half empty or half full, no matter how wonderful or horrible you think life is because it’s all in how you look at it and what you believe about it. So let me give you a few beliefs that I believe about every one of you beautiful mama’s (and papa’s), single or not. I want you to remind yourself of these beliefs every day. Read them and think about them every day as much as you want until you start believing them and keep doing it even after until it’s permanently etched in your heart.
- You are loved. There is never a time that someone doesn’t love you if you have children. From the day you found out they would be coming into this world, an intense unconditional love settled in your heart. A love so powerful that you knew from the very first thought of your child that you’d never be able to deny that love. They feel the same about you. The love between a mother and child is the most powerful, unbreakable and unconditional love that there is and it’s yours. Believe you are loved.
- You are the best mother your kids could ever have. Some higher power believes in you as a mother and they were given to you for a reason. Yes, it’s a big job and a scary one at that but no one else out there knows them like you do. You’re the first person they run to when they’re scared, hurt or when they need something. You’re the one they test the most emotionally because they know just how much you love them. You may feel like they deserve better some days (we all do) but if you lined up every woman and man in this world and they were given the choice to choose their parents, they’d still choose you. Because you are absolutely the best they could ever have. Believe this because whether or not you feel worthy of something so great, it’s true!
- Your life right now is perfect. Even if you can’t see it right now, you’re standing in this place in your life for a reason. There are things you will take from this very moment that will help you shape your future. When you can accept and make peace with any situation, you make room for happiness and growth. Your life and your experiences are unique to you and they are giving you wisdom. Are you listening? Believe every day that your life is perfect right now and it’s only ever going to get better.
- You deserve happiness. You’re not just “another mere existence on this Earth. You exist with a complex emotional system for a reason…to be happy! There is nothing ever that feels better than being happy and this is your birthright and there isn’t a single person out there that can take your happiness. It’s unique to you and yours to have and anything that does not make you happy is not worthy of being in your life, so let it go. Believe in your happiness.
- You deserve unconditional love from a man. Do not ever settle for a man who can’t appreciate who you are. You’ve spent your whole life becoming who you are and you are unique. Who you are is perfect and pure and only the men who will love you unconditionally are acceptable for you. Believe this because believing in any less will never serve you.
- You deserve fun. The next time you pull up to a red light and the kid in the car next to you is making silly faces at you, go ahead and make one back! Make prank calls to your best friend! Dance in the rain on your lunch break and make everyone in the office think you’ve lost your mind! Go on a spontaneous solo trip to somewhere no one has ever heard of! Why? Because when you think back to all the fun you had as a child, it makes you smile and laugh and because you deserve to have that in your life…forever. You deserve to laugh and smile every day. You deserve to have fun in your life.
- You are never alone. We are all unique to each other in our own ways but every existence is full of energy that is fueled by the same power…love. Which means that you are never alone in what you seek. Your experiences in life are not the exact same as anyone else’s and this may make you feel alone but just remember this. As you’re hoping for love and happiness, there’s always another single mother out there going through her own experiences and hoping for the exact same thing. Believe that you are never alone because we are all seeking the same thing.
- You are capable of anything. You are given this life and your desires to live it to the fullest. So what are you going to do? Sit around and not fulfill your desires because you don’t think you can? Is that really worthy of living? No, it’s not! Believe that you can do anything you want. The only proof you need is that you have your desires. If you weren’t capable of them, you wouldn’t have them! So believe in them and believe that you can achieve them. Start today and build this belief a little more every day.
- You are beautiful. There is no one definition of beauty and as you stand there in front of a mirror, don’t look at the things you don’t like. Don’t try to convince yourself that the things you don’t like are actually beautiful in some way. Let those things go because as you look in the mirror, there are plenty of things that you do feel make you beautiful and those things are enough. It’s the mixture of the ugly and beautiful and the uniqueness these characteristics stir in you that is beautiful. Believe that you are beautiful because you are.
The only beliefs you should hold are the ones that inspire you. You deserve to believe in yourself. You deserve to believe in your life so much that you wake up every morning smiling and excited to get out of bed. Your life can be all that you want it to be but creating such a life starts with your beliefs. Make it your intention to spend time nurturing your beliefs every day.