Raising children is tough – and it’s many times tougher if you’re a single parent. You’ve got to balance a busy and complicated adult life with the health and happiness of your children.
Everything from getting your kid to school to finding time to run errands is harder when you don’t have a built-in support network. Fortunately, you’re not alone. According to recent data from the US Census Bureau, there are approximately 13.7 million single parents out there, raising over 26% of all children under the age of 21.
These hard-working Moms and Dads know what works best for their busy lives. And as a car-shopping website that’s serious about the people behind the wheel, we thought we could help by compiling a list of the most popular cars for single parents.
We searched through Honk to find single parents who recently purchased a new vehicle and then drew on their wisdom to help explain why these cars and trucks are so well suited to family life. The final top-10 list of Best Cars for Single Parents contains a variety of sedans, hatchbacks, trucks, and SUVs that range from about $13,000 to $24,000.
These Are the Ten Best Cars for Single Parents:
- #1 Best Car for Single Parents: Kia Sorento
- #2 Best Car for Single Parents: Mazda CX-7
- #3 Best Car for Single Parents: Honda Civic
- #4 Best Car for Single Parents: GMC Sierra 1500
- #5 Best Car for Single Parents: Mazda 3
- #6 Best Car for Single Parents: Toyota Yaris
- #7 Best Car for Single Parents: Jeep Liberty
- #8 Best Car for Single Parents: Kia Forte
- #9 Best Car for Single Parents: Toyota Corolla
- #10 Best Car for Single Parents: Nissan Cube