- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 small or medium-sized onion, chopped
- 3-4 cups butternut squash, cut into ½” cubes
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 cups cooked, or a 15-oz. can, black beans, drained
- 8 tortillas
- 1½ cups grated cheese
- sour cream
- cilantro, if you wish
• 1. In a large skillet or saucepan, heat oil. Sauté onions until tender.
• 2. Add butternut. Cover and cook over medium heat until tender.
• 3. Add cumin, cinnamon, and salt. Add beans. Cover, and heat through.
• 4. Put ½ of mixture in each tortilla, top with 3 Tbsp. cheese, and roll up. Place seam-side down in a greased 9 x 13 baking pan.
• 5. Bake uncovered in 350º oven for about 15-20 minutes, until heated through.
• 6. Serve with sour cream and salsa, and cilantro if you wish.
Tips: Tortillas freeze well with the mixture inside so I often make a double or triple batch. You can also freeze just the filling.
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Baking Time: 15-20 minutes
Makes 8 burritos
Receipe by Phyllis Pellman Good