The CancerCare Co-Payment Assistance Foundation is a nonprofit organization that helps people being treated for cancer afford co-payments for chemotherapy and targeted treatment drugs, ensuring their access to care for prescribed treatments. The Foundation receives funding from individuals, corporate sponsors including pharmaceutical companies, and foundations.
The Foundation does not provide premium assistance, but rather co-payment assistance only. Co-payment assistance means that if you have been prescribed a chemotherapy or a targeted treatment drug and are unable to afford the out-of-pocket cost or co-payment required by your insurance provider, they may be able to help.
If they do not currently have funding for your type of cancer, their co-payment specialists can provide you with information about other possible patient assistance programs, support services, and additional resources that may be helpful. Please call 866-55-COPAY (866-552-6729) or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply:
Patients, their family members, or their advocates may apply for assistance.
To better assist you, please have the following patient information available when you call:
- contact information (name, address, telephone number)
- date of birth
- insurance information
- income information (total household income and number of people in the household including the patient)
- primary cancer diagnosis (view covered diagnoses)
- chemotherapy or targeted treatment medication (drug name) prescribed for patient (view covered medications)
Call 866-55-COPAY (866-552-6729) and speak with a co-payment specialist to determine if you are eligible to apply.
They can be reached from 9 a.m. – 7 p.m. (ET) Monday through Thursday, and 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. (ET) on Friday.
If you are eligible to apply, they will:
• mail forms for you and your doctor to complete and return to them. You may view samples of the application and physician verification form.
• request documentation to verify your income and insurance. To learn more, view their application checklist.