When organizing a birthday party, the decorations take on an important role. It would be right to say that apart from the cake, the birthday party decorations are the most important aspect of such a party. Interestingly be it a kiddy birthday bash or one for an adult, decorations are always in order.
These decorations also tend to take up a large sum off the birthday funds. Money which could otherwise have been used to have better food or get a better birthday present for the birthday kid. Thankfully there are a few Do It Yourself tricks that can help you come up with some great decorations for the party and also save money while you go along.
Some DIY birthday party decorations are listed below –
- Party hats – Party hats are an integral part of a birthday celebration and this is why they are pricey too. Instead of buying them from a party decoration store simply get one hat from the store and copy it on sheets of printed and colored paper. The step by step guide to making party hats can easily be found on the net and even in books from the library.
- Streamers – Making streamers is a real easy task and requires no more that an edged pair of scissors and some colored paper. Cut the thin paper into strips that work for you and simply twirl them and place them in areas where you want to bring in color.
- Balloons – Instead of bothering with the expensive colored ones, simple buy the normal balloons from the market and paint them in colors that work for you. Double paint will help to make them even more attractive and at lesser price too.
- Banners – Instead of wasting several dollars on getting a banner printed for the party, simply use the computer to print one out. Color it with the combination that works well for you and in no time you will have a banner of your choice and at a very low expense too.
- Khoi bag – Instead of picking out the expensive ones from the store, make one from chart paper by following instructions on the net. Just fill it up with candy of your choice and you are all ready to beat the bag when the time arrives.
- Confetti - Nothing better to brighten up the birthday venue than some confetti on the table, etc. keep in mind that confetti is difficult to clean up so don’t spread too much of it. Simply take us some silver and gold metallic paper and cut it up into real small pieces. Fill it in the khoy bag and also place it around the return gifts in order to make the area more appealing.
These and many other such similar DIY decorations that can save you a lot of money can be found on the net. If you have the time on hand, adopt these tips and you will cut your decoration budget into less than half.