The Early Childhood Supports and Services Program “ECSS”, is a group of parents, advocates, interested community members as well as public and private agencies. These agencies provide services to children ages 0 through 5 and their families.
This group meets, at least, monthly to discuss children and their families who have been referred for your service coordination. If you can answer YES to any one of the following questions, you may want to ask about participating in the ECSS program:
- Are you worried about the effects of arguing on your young child?
- Are family needs getting in the way of you working, returning to school, or achieving your life goals?
- Are you worried about other family members because of a serious problem that has not been corrected?
- Do you have problems getting help for your child or your family?
- Does your child and family need assistance due to a developmental delay, diagnosed medical condition, or family history of mental illness or substance abuse?
The participating agencies, for example, could help with the following:
- Early Childhood Programs (Head Start, Early Head Start, Rainbow Day Care, Child Care Assistance)
- Educational needs (Speech, Occupational, or Physical Therapy, Special Instruction)
- Mental Health (Evaluation, Counseling, Medicine Management, Community Support)
- Public Health Programs (WIC, Family Planning, Immunizations)
- Family Support (Financial needs)
- Parenting Center (Parenting classes)
- Community Support (Protective services for children)
Who is eligible?
- Families of children who are ages 0 through 5 and those who are at risk.
- Families of children who have multiple risk factors which have been documented by one of the participating agencies.
For additional information, please visit the Early Childhood Supports and Services website or contact the program office directly using the information provided below.
Primary Phone Number: ( 225 ) 342 – 8706
Renita Thomas, Program Manager
( 225 ) 342 – 8543