When we check our food, most of us consider the calorie count and how it is going to help us gain or lose weight. However, there is more to food than just weight loss of gain. Foods also give us energy and this factor is very important when choosing the right food to eat. As mothers most of have to put in a lot of energy into our days and if we eat high energy foods, we are sure to benefit from it.
Below is a list of some high energy giving foods that are very good for those of us who need to be on our feet all day long:
- Almonds – Said to be power houses of energy, almonds are a must in our everyday diet. Soak five almonds in a bowl of water overnight. Peel off the skin and consume all five first thing in the morning making sure you chew the nut very well. Almonds are not only a great source of energy but they are also great for better hair and also help to rejuvenate the skin cells.
- Fish – Another high energy giving food is fish and salmon is high on this list. It is important that the fish be eaten as fresh as possible and not deep fried or over cooked. Over cooking the fish tends to take away its good qualities and thus render it useless. Apart from high energy, fish is also a great source of omega 3 fats and also vitamin B.
- Whole grains – There is no doing away with whole grains if you wish to keep your energy levels high. Adults must consume at least 6 servings of whole grains in a day. Not only do we need these foods for their high content of fiber but they are also a great source of carbohydrates that release energy slowly. These foods are also known for their anti- oxidants that help slow down aging and also fight ailments like cancer.
- Bananas – While most fruits are good sources of energy, there is no denying the fact that bananas lead this section. Very rich in potassium, this fruit helps to prevent muscle cramps and also works as great energy boost. A banana with breakfast is highly recommended since the fruit helps to stay energetic right through the day.
- Yogurt – This is a very important food item and not only helps to provide energy but is also a good source of calcium. Yogurt also aids in digesting food well, which helps to release added energy thus making the body stronger and more energized.
Eating a balanced diet is very important and as a mother you must ensure that everyone in the house is consuming a healthy meal. Energy giving foods like the ones discussed above will help you and the rest of the family lead an energetic life and stay on top of things. So make sure you add these foods to your meal plans and stay away from fatigue and stress.