The International Federation of University Women (IFUW) offers a limited number of international fellowships and grants to women graduates for postgraduate research, study and training.
- IFUW fellowships and grants are open only to women graduates who are members of IFUW’s national federations and associations and to IFUW Independent Members.
- Students in any branch of learning may apply.
- Fellowships are offered for the second and subsequent years of a doctoral program and for post-doctoral studies. First year doctoral students do not qualify.
- Fellowships are for 8 to 12 months of work. They are intended to enhance the original research or scholarship on which a postgraduate applicant is already engaged. First year doctoral students and applicants just beginning their research are not eligible.
- Fellowships are the equivalent of 8,000 to 10,000 Swiss francs.
- Grants are for a minimum of 2 months of work. They are awarded for specialized training, independent research, or to assist in the completion of a postgraduate degree.
- IFUW Recognition Awards are for a minimum of 2 months of work.
- Grants are offered for any postgraduate program.
- The awards may be used in any country other than the one in which the applicant was educated and other then the one in which the applicant habitually resides.
- All candidates must have obtained admission to the proposed place of study or research prior to applying to IFUW’s competition.
- No assistance is given for attending conferences or for direct family support.
- The awards are not renewable.
IFUW’s contact details:
International Federation of University Women 10 rue du Lac, 1207 Geneva, Switzerland
Telephone: +41.22 731.23.80; FAX: +41.22 738.04.40; E-mail: email@example.com