A Zonta International Program, Funded through the Zonta International Foundation
The Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarships are awarded to women undertaking business studies who have demonstrated outstanding potential in the field. Zonta International Foundation (ZIF) offers scholarships of US$1,000 each at the district level and twelve scholarships in the amount of US$5,000 each. Any woman undertaking a business and/or business-related program at an accredited university/college/institute, in at least the second year of an undergraduate program through the final year of a Master’s program at the time the application is submitted, is eligible to apply. The scholarship may be used at any university, college or institute offering accredited courses and degrees. Previous international Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarship recipients may not apply to renew the Scholarship for a second year.
Women pursuing a business or business-related program who demonstrate outstanding potential in the field are eligible. On-line students are also eligible. Members and employees of Zonta International or the Zonta International Foundation are not eligible to apply for the Scholarships.
Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be undertaking a business and/or business-related program at an accredited university/college/institute.
- Enrolled in at least the second year of an undergraduate program through the final year of aMaster’s program at the time the application is submitted.
- Achieved an outstanding academic record during her academic studies, including business related subjects.
- Demonstrated initiative, ambition and commitment to pursuing a career in business.
- Applications received by Zonta clubs (contact local club for deadline-generally in May)
- Club recipient is selected and application is received by District Governor: 1 July
- District recipient selected and application received by Zonta International Headquarters: 1 September
- Announcement of District and International Recipients: mid October