Board of Regents, Louisiana Office of Student Financial Assistance
The purpose of this program is to provide a need-based component to the state’s financial aid plan to support nontraditional and low to moderate-income students who need additional aid to afford the cost of attending college.
To be eligible for a Louisiana Go Grant, a student must:
- Be a Louisiana Resident;
- File a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA);
- Receive a federal Pell grant or a financial need grant;
- Have an Education Cost Gap (ECG) greater than $0;** and
- Be a student enrolled in an eligible Louisiana institution on a part-time or full-time basis who:
- Entered college as a first time freshman during academic year 2007-2008 or later; OR
- Entered college as a first time freshman during the 2007-08 academic year or later and have become eligible for a federal Pell grant or financial need grant after the freshman year: OR
- Be age 25 or older and have entered college as a first time freshman before the 2007-08 academic year and have had a break in enrollment of at least two consecutive semesters, not including a summer semester or term, immediately preceding the period of enrollment for which the student is being considered for receipt of a grant.
For details program details, including award amounts, criteria for residency, definition of “education cost gap, go to the Louisiana Go Grant information page on the LOFSA website.
Primary Phone Number: ( 225 ) 922 – 1012
Fax Number: ( 225 ) 922 – 0790
( 225 ) 219 – 1012
What do you think?
(Please take a few seconds and leave your comments below. It would be a huge help.)
If you enjoyed this article, get email updates (it’s free).
(don’t miss to activate your subscription, otherwise you will not get the updates)