Margaret McNamara Scholarship
The Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund(MMMF) was founded in 1981 in memory of Margaret Craig McNamara, who dedicated her life to improving the lives of underserved women and children at home and overseas.
The MMMF is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, public charity whose mission is to award educational grants to outstanding women from the US, Canada, and developing countries, who demonstrate a commitment to improving the well-being of women and children and intend to return to the developing world within two years of completing their degrees.
Eligible applicants are women from developing countries currently enrolled at accredited universities in the US or Canada. A candidate applying for the MMMF grant from US/Canadian universities must meet all of the following criteria:
1. Demonstrate a commitment and record of service to women and/or children in the developing world.
2. Plan to return to a developing country about two years after completing her degree.
3. Demonstrate financial need by providing relevant financial information.
4. Be enrolled in an accredited educational institution in the US or Canada for the full academic year in which the application is submitted and intend to be enrolled for the subsequent year covered by the grant.
5. Be a national of an eligible developing or middle-income country (see Country Eligibility list) and residing in the United States or Canada. United States citizens or permanent residents (green card holders), Canadian citizens or Canadian landed immigrants are not eligible.
6. Demonstrate good academic performance at the university where she is registered.
7. Be at least 25 years of age by the relevant application deadline.
8. Not be an immediate or extended family member of any World Bank Group, IMF or Inter-American Development Bank (IADB) staff member or their spouse
9. Not received a MMMF grant in any prior year.
The Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund(MMMF)
1818 H Street NW, Washington DC 20433