Motherhood is no doubt very satisfying but it does have its difficult moments too. Irrespective of whether you are a new mom or have mastered the game, tending to babies can get to be hard on your sanity levels. Interestingly music seems to help to keep the mind calm and relaxed and will also help mothers to control their agitation and deal with the children in a gentler fashion.
The kind of music you listen to will depend totally on personal choice. Some moms will prefer the soothing soft classics while others may enjoy the modern rock much more. Some tips below on how to include this music therapy in your daily schedule.
- While Exercising – It is very easy to have some music playing in the background while you exercise. If you have an iPod wear it while you run or if using a treadmill at home keep the music channel on the television switched on. Listen to music even when you are weight training. The endorphin that you release while exercising combines with music to calm your mind and body both and rejuvenate you fully.
- While Cooking - Another great time to listen to music is while you cook. The music in the background keeps your senses easy and relaxed and helps you even cook better. This is the reason why most good cooks will often play music while working in the kitchen.
- With Kids - Introduce your kids to music too. Have them dance around on the music or play it while they sleep. Enjoying music with the kids makes the activity even more fun. Let them read up on the singers and their personal styles. Most kids will pick up on music faster if you mix it with some interesting facts.
- While feeding – Feeding is a time when mothers need to stay calm and playing music while feeding does help to achieve this. In fact the music is said to have a soothing effect on the baby too and helps her calm down and relax.
- Take classes – If you have the time and the inclination take up music classes. You could choose an instrument or opt for vocal classes. These classes will help you connect with your inner musical element and find peace in it.
- During meditation – Meditation is a great way to relax the mind and mothers who combine it with music find it all the more effective. So try in get in about 20 minutes of meditation each day and play soothing and soft music while to empty your mind and relax it.
Music is definitely therapeutic and it can help mothers to keep calm. So go and pick out CDs that you like or download your favorite songs from the net. Keep the music player handy so that you do not have to waste time setting up the device. Play music as often as you can. When you find the stress rising and the fatigue catching up, simply lie back and listen to some music and let the notes play their magic on you.