What do candy, gum, cakes, chocolates and jams have in common? Refined sugars. All of these products contain refined sugars, and this deadly white substance is dangerous to our system in more ways that one. While natural sugars found in fruits and some vegetables are what the body requires, refined sugar is very harmful for our system, and can cause some serious ailments. These sugars are void of any fiber, minerals, carbohydrates, proteins and even zero fats. This substance is just pure unadulterated calories and this is the reason why they are nothing but bad for our systems.
Let us take a look into the various damages caused by refined sugars:
- Calcium deficiency – Refined sugars require minerals and vitamins to get digested by the body. In most cases calcium is the most important vitamin that is used up in digesting sugars. Those who are heavy on sugar consumption often find that despite having their daily dose of calcium, they deplete their resources since the calcium gets wasted in absorbing the sugars. Osteoporosis is only one of the problems that a low calcium level ca cause in our bones and a high consumption of refined sugar can cause these problems.
- Over acidic – Sugar uses up minerals and vitamins in its digestion process and as we continue to eat sugar, our systems begins to dig deep into the body’s resources for these minerals. Over time an over acidic condition develops in our system since the balance of the minerals dips. This can lead to stomach ulcers, cancers and several other such problems. Now the poisonous residues of the body keep building up and this can turn into a fatal situation.
- Tooth decay – Of course refined sugars cause tooth decay and while most of us presume that if we brush after candy, the problem will not arise, this is not so. Refined sugars attack the teeth from the inside. They deplete the calcium levels of the body and cause the tooth to become weak and thus venerable to decay. So if you wish to prevent tooth decay, cut down on refined sugars, since the toothbrush cannot help you.
- Sticky blood – High consumption of refined sugars make the blood very thick and extremely sticky. This hinders the flow of the blood especially in the real thin arteries. Needless to say, this causes havoc in the system with the blood supply falling in the required areas.
- bSugar and high fat diet combine to cause several ailments like diabetes, cholesterol, etc. The pancreases go into a shock as the sugar levels of the body rise when we consume refined sugars. Over time this causes the pancreases to malfunction and this leads to diabetes.
Refined sugar is not but problems. There is absolutely no benefit from refined sugar and the damage it does to our system is widespread and severe. Simply giving up refined sugars and opting for natural sugars is the best way to add sweet in your meal.