Students across the country work hard to earn top marks; they dream of the college they’ll attend and the education they’ll receive. Unfortunately, many of those students can’t afford to get the education of their dreams.
RMHC wants these students to reach their full potential. To help them accomplish this, the RMHC network of U.S. Chapters, along with RMHC Global, offer scholarships to students in financial need who have demonstrated academic achievement, leadership and community involvement. Since 1985, more than $44 million in scholarships have been awarded.
Scholarships are for students in the United States living in areas where there are participating local RMHC Chapters. Please note that not all Chapters offer all four scholarships below. Find participating RMHC Chapters, their respective counties and the scholarships they offer.
How to Apply:
- RMHC®/Scholars: All students are eligible to apply regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, gender, disability or national origin.
- RMHC®/Asia: Applicant must have at least one parent of Asian-Pacific heritage.
- RMHC®/African-American Future Achievers: Applicant must have at least one parent of African American or Black Caribbean heritage.
- RMHC®/HACER®: Applicant must have at least one parent of Hispanic/Latino heritage.
General Eligibility Requirements:
To apply for an RMHC scholarship, a student must:
- Be a high school senior
- Be younger than 21 years old
- Be eligible to attend a two- or four-year college, university or technical school with a full course of study
- Be a legal U.S. resident
- Live in a participating RMHC Chapter’s geographic area
- Submit a complete application and all required documentation by the deadline on the application
- Meet any additional eligibility requirements outlined by each scholarship program
- Provide verification of enrollment each year at respective accredited post-secondary institution