Single Family Housing Loans and Grants

Loans and GrantsSingle Family Housing Programs provide home ownership opportunities to low- and moderate-income rural Americans through several loan, grant, and loan guarantee programs. The programs also make funding available to individuals to finance vital improvements necessary to make their homes decent, safe, and sanitary.

Guaranteed Loan Refinance PILOT FAQs

Questions and Answers about the pilot program to help rural borrowers refinance their mortgages to reduce their monthly payments. The Single Family Housing Guaranteed Rural Refinance Pilot Program will operate in 19 states for homeowners who have loans that were made or guaranteed by USDA Rural Development.

Find more about Guaranteed Loan Refinance

Rural Housing Guaranteed Loan

Applicants for loans may have an income of up to 115% of the median income for the area. Area income limits for this program are here. Families must be without adequate housing, but be able to afford the mortgage payments, including taxes and insurance. In addition, applicants must have reasonable credit histories.

Find more about Rural Housing Guaranteed Loan

Rural Housing Direct Loan

Section 502 loans are primarily used to help low-income individuals or households purchase homes in rural areas. Funds can be used to acquire, build (including funds to purchase and prepare sites and to provide water and sewage facilities), repair, renovate or relocate a home.

Find more about Rural Housing Direct Loan

Rural Repair and Rehabilitation Loan and Grant

The Very Low-Income Housing Repair program provides loans and grants to very low-income homeowners to repair, improve, or modernize their dwellings or to remove health and safety hazards. Rural Housing Repair and Rehabilitation Grants are funded directly by the Government. A grant is available to dwelling owner/occupant who is 62 years of age or older. Funds may only be used for repairs or improvements to remove health and safety hazards, or to complete repairs to make the dwelling accessible for household members with disabilities.

Find more about Rural Repair and Rehabilitation Loan and Grant

Mutual Self-Help Loans

The Section 502 Mutual Self-Help Housing Loan program is used primarily to help very low- and low-income households construct their own homes.

Find more about Mutual Self-Help Loans

Rural Housing Site Loans

Rural Housing Site Loans are made to provide financing for the purchase and development of housing sites for low- and moderate-income families.

Find more about Rural Housing Site Loans

Housing Application Packaging Grants

Housing Application Packaging Grants provide government funds to tax-exempt public agencies and private non-profit organizations to package applications for submission to Housing and Community Facilities Programs.

Find more about Housing Application Packaging Grants

Individual Water and Waste Grants

Individual Water and Waste Water Grants provide Government funds to households residing in an area recognized as a colonia before October 1, 1989.

Find more about Individual Water and Waste Grants

Self-Help Technical Assistance Grants

To provide Self-Help Technical Assistance Grants to provide financial assistance to qualified nonprofit organizations and public bodies that will aid needy very low and low-income individuals and their families to build homes in rural areas by the self help method. Any State, political subdivision, private or public nonprofit corporation is eligible to apply.

Find more about Self-Help Technical Assistance Grants

Technical and Supervisory Assistance Grants

To assist low-income rural families in obtaining adequate housing to meet their family’s needs and/or to provide the necessary guidance to promote their continued occupancy of already adequate housing. These objectives will be accomplished through the establishment or support of housing delivery and counseling projects run by eligible applicants.

Find more about Technical and Supervisory Assistance Grants

See details and more programs

Share: Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0


  1. Tonya Cook says

    i am single parent of 3 wonderful children Darren 24, Tahgera 19, & Darrick 14, grandson Blake 1, I am 43 years young and I am trying to purchase a home for the first time and I just within the last year I am disabled I cant no longer work I am moving into a home in west philly but I just found out that my mother is selling her home. My children grew up in this home so I would like to purchase this home so she can move into an senior facility. So I need some help in purchasing my mothers home. please call/text/email me some info please.
    267-569-1702 thank you

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *