Funded by a grant from the JIPS Program supports PhD studies, and offered by the World Bank Institute (WBI), in an academic field of study covered by ten Indonesian Centers of Excellence participating in the program. Each of these newly established Centers of Excellence is located at a leading higher education institution in the country with a demonstrated track record in the pursuit of excellence. The goal of the program is to promote excellence in research in these Centers to support the Ministry of National Education in its mission to improve the quality of higher education and research in the country.
Who can apply?
Applicants must meet the following general criteria to be eligible for a scholarship:
- Be a national and resident of Indonesia
- Be under 45 years at application deadline
- Must have completed and been awarded a master’s degree, or equivalent, at the time of application however, outstanding candidates with a bachelor degree can be considered for a Master-PhD track
- Have maintained a GPA of at least 3 on a scale of 4 in both undergraduate and graduate studies
What does the scholarship cover?
- The scholarship covers full tuition for a period of three to four years, and the cost of basic medical and accident insurance usually obtained through the university.
- A monthly subsistence allowance to cover living expenses, including books.
- Economy class air travel between the home country and the host university at the start of the study program and one return journey following the end of the overall scholarship period. In addition to the ticket, scholars receive a US $500 travel allowance for each trip.
- The benefits only apply to the scholarship recipient.
How to apply?
Application forms and information about the application procedure are available in the participating Centers of Excellence, and here.
For the inquiries related to JIPS, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.