Games are an integral part of a kid’s birthday party. Unlike adults, children will not sit making polite conversation while sipping a drink. Children need to be kept entertained and busy right through the party.
A few aspects that must be kept in mind when organizing games for kid’s children party are listed below:
- Age appropriate – Organizing age appropriate games is very important. You must keep in mind that only if the children understand the various rules of the game and are able to execute them, will they be able to enjoy it. The children must not get bored of the game and at the same time must be able to grasp it. Therefore, it is important to strike a balance between these two extremes.
- Incorporate theme – If you are working with the theme make sure to twist the games so as to include the theme in them. If playing musical chairs and working with a dinosaur theme then try giving each, chair a dinosaur name. This excites the children more and helps them learn alongside.
- Indoor / outdoor – If you are living in a cold or wet climate then chances of an indoor party increase. This need not necessarily mean that the games should be hampered since there are several indoor games that could be organized. Consider the location of the party and then decide on the games that you need to organize for your child’s birthday.
- Safety level – Since you are organizing a children’s party, the safety of the kids must be of prime importance. Ensure that that the games that you choose are in no way dangerous and that the kids will be able to play them safely.
- Educational – Choosing games that help the children learn along side are always a better bet than those, which are not educational in nature. If you can choose educational games while maintaining the element of fun in them it will serve a dual purpose of combining learning with entertainment.
- No looser – If you pick games that allow one winner then remember that there will be several looser who might go home with a heavy heart. All the kids must enjoy the game and so avoid highly competitive ones, which could lead to tears. No child should have to sit on the side waiting for the game to finish just because he/ she has been called out. In say musical chairs do not make the kids who do not get chairs sit idle on the side but keep them involved with either playing the music or removing the chairs and other such tasks.
Keep these aspects in mind when planning the games for the kid’s party and you will find that there are several ideas that can be adopted. Most of these games will not involve a high cost but just some planning and adaptations. The child’s energy levels, attention spans and preferences will guide you towards the best possible games for her birthday party.