- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary leaves, or 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1½ Tbsp. kosher salt
- 1½ Tbsp fennel seeds, or 1½ tsp. ground fennel
- 2 tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. fresh chopped sage, or 1 tsp. dried sage
- 2 tsp. fresh chopped thyme, or ½ tsp. dried thyme
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper, optional, depending on how much heat you like
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- ½ tsp. ground allspice
- 6 lbs. pork ribs
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
• 1. In a small bowl, combine olive oil, rosemary, salt, fennel seeds, pepper, sage, thyme, paprika, red pepper, coriander, and allspice.
• 2. Rub spice paste all over ribs and let stand at room temperature for 2 hours, or refrigerate overnight.
• 3. Preheat oven to 325°.
• 4. Arrange ribs on a large, rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan, meaty side up.
• 5. Roast ribs uncovered for 2 hours or until tender.
• 6. Preheat broiler. Brush meaty side of ribs with balsamic vinegar and broil 6 inches from heat until browned, about 2 minutes.
• 7. Let stand for 5 minutes, then cut between ribs, or serve in slabs.
Tip: You can use this glaze on pork chops, lamb chops, and cuts of chicken.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Standing (or Chilling) Time: 2-8 hours
Baking Time: 2 hours, 15 minutes
Makes 6-8 servings
Receipe by Phyllis Pellman Good