The Community and Family Support Program is intended to provide goods and/or services in a flexible manner to eligible people with severe physical and/or cognitive disabilities in order to help them live independently.
What services can be paid for by this program?
- Communication services such as Braille devices, interpreters, etc.
- Community supports such as dental and medical care not covered by Medicare
- Companion or roommate services
- Crisis intervention
- Equipment and supplies such as prosthetics, mobility and sensory aids, etc.
- Home and vehicle modifications needed for accessibility
- Personal assistance services such as assistance with going to the bathroom, dressing, bathing, etc.
- Counseling services
- Home health Services
- Homemaker services
- Recreation services to improve access to community recreation and to educate service providers
- Service coordination
- Specialized diagnosis and evaluation
- Specialized nutrition
- Specialized utility costs
- Therapeutic services, such as occupational and physical therapy, speech and language therapy, etc.
- Respite care
- Rent subsidy
Who can quality for this program?
People who have a severe physical and/or cognitive disability AND are 22 years of age or older whose disability was manifested after attainment of age 22, but prior to age 55.
To apply for Community and Family Support Program services, contact the ARC of Louisiana at 1-866-966-6260.
Primary Phone Number: ( 866 ) 758 – 5035
Fax Number: ( 225 ) 219 – 0202
ARC of Louisiana
( 866 ) 966 – 6260