…It may not take a village, but (through CoAbode), single moms are finding it’s easier to raise their children when they share a home. The tight economy is a key reason, but single moms are rethinking what constitutes a thriving family. – Time Magazine
CoAbode’s mission is to provide support and services that connect women raising children alone. Thru this connection, single parent women families pool their finances and resources to improve their living conditions for themselves and their children by sharing a home. CoAbode was founded on the principle that two single moms raising children together can achieve more than one struggling alone. Through a variety of community based programs CoAbode provides single mothers with affordable housing opportunities, specialized support groups, educational scholarships, community outreach and involvement as well as referrals to vital resources designed to make parenting a child alone easier, healthier and more secure.
CoAdobe vision is to improve the quality of life for single mothers and their children.
CoAbode offers a unique matchmaking service to provide single moms with one or more children the opportunity to share housing, while pooling resources and finances with another single mom of their choosing.
Whether you are in a financial pinch or doing pretty well on your own, but missing someone to share your experience with, CoAdobe can provide a practical solution for you.
The CoAbode Single Mothers House Sharing can be the relief and source of support for you.
Through CoAdobe you can:
- afford a better house or apartment, within a safer school district
- halve the cost of rent and overhead expenses, freeing up much needed resources
- lighten the burden of daily chores such as cooking, grocery shopping, laundry, homework, carpooling and child supervisions so that you are less tired and stressed out and better able to provide for your kids and yourself
- divorced moms can hang on to the family home by bringing in a mom roommate to help cover expenses
- give those in abusive situations support and strength so they can escape knowing there is another mom there to pool resources with and get emotional support
Single Mothers House Sharing
The‘Mom-matching’ program is the primary focus of the CoAbode organization. It exists to connect single moms whose interests and parenting philosophies are compatible to share a home and raise their children together. CoAbode members search the profiles registered in their desired zip codes and then, through a private and anonymous e-mail system, contact those who seem compatible, whether they already own a house and need the financial support of a roommate in order to meet the mortgage expense, or if they plan to team up to search for a home which they can only afford by pooling resources.
Circle of Friends
The Circle of Friends provides a unique environment to develop friendships, build community, exchange resource information, provide shared childcare, carpooling and have varied opportunities for social interaction. Monthly gatherings, shared interest groups, outings, book clubs and special events provide a forum to share ideas, encourage self-improvement, make friends, and of course, have fun.
Affordable Housing Access
They say everything begins in the home and due to lack of finances millions of single mothers in the United States of America live in abject conditions unsuitable for raising children. At CoAbode we are trying to help otherwise at-risk single moms maintain healthy and independent lives by placing them in quality affordable housing, close to child care facilities, reputable schools and their places of work.
The CoAbode Outreach Program is designed to structure new collaborations with vital community support organizations who may need to refer members to our ‘single mothers house sharing’ program. These agencies see our program as a valuable final step for single moms seeking stable independence.
How it Works:
- Step #1 Registration Form: Complete the sign up form. Your user name will be the name members see on your profile and email.
- Step #2 Personal Profile Questionnaire: Complete the multiple choice and essay questions. This will let other members of CoAbode know who you are and what you’re looking for. Your profile can be changed or updated at any time.
- Step #3: Do a search and make contact using our private email box system.
Membership is free. Register Here.
Remember, it may take time to find the right partner but CoAbode gives you access to the largest group of potentially compatible Single Mom partners anywhere on the internet.
With your help our list of participants is always growing. Remember, you can find a “perfect match” to team up with for shared housing, childcare and lots of other responsibilities.
Once you have registered, you will also have access to the numerous Single Mom resources available to our members, like our Circle of Friends Support Groups
Your personal information is secure with CoAbode. Your username and password are required for future logons. Your username identifies your profile to other members.
1223 Wilshire Blvd Suite 102
Santa Monica, CA 90403